Featuring an estimated overall population of about half a million people all helping to increase the economies further driving forces that consist of the mineral extraction industry, tourism, and (from a historical standpoint) agriculture. While the most common forms of recreation include high school football and basketball or rodeo competitions, the scarcity of a depleted population leaves several communities with not a whole lot to do in their spare time. However, as it pertains to the overall healthcare industry admiration and respect for the states, healthcare professionals appear to be the driving factor behind the industries high success rate as well as steady employment.
Because the overall state’s population is smaller than most states, there are only two educational institutions throughout the entire state when it comes to higher education choices: the University of Wyoming (public), and Wyoming Catholic College (private). Nonetheless, both schools are fully accredited and offer a wide variety of different degree programs including those for the nursing professional. Here, the most common degree program levels are the associates and bachelor degree programs as it pertains to earn a nursing degree. The majority of all nursing program curriculum consists of courses involving adult health, professional nursing, as well as public health and incorporate a hands-on learning approach.
When it comes to finding a job as a professional nurse the requirements and procedures involved appear to be pretty basic. According to state policy, the state of Wyoming requires that an application be submitted in order to receive proper licensing after passing the required exam associated with the desired program. Although job positions are available for nurses of all skill levels LPN and RN positions are the leading areas where the need is at the highest level. As a result, is expected that job opportunities in these areas will increase up to 20% before 2022 at which point nurses will receive the average annual salary in their field of work.
Featured Nursing Programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- RN to BSN
State Career College was established in May 2007 in Waukegan, Illinois. We are institutionally accredited by the ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools) and are approved by the “Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education”.
State Career College is a teaching institution that not only paves the way for students to have successful careers, but also for a lifetime of growth and learning.
The objectives to fulfill the mission of State Career College are:
- To train the graduate in a specialized and well-designed program for entry-level positions in a dental office, physician’s office, clinic or other medical setting.
- To ensure that the training and education provided is facilitated by an experienced and well- qualified faculty who strive to not only educate and motivate students, but also push the boundaries of learning.
- To provide students with practical knowledge and education that will prepare them for their chosen career.
- To uphold a high level of employment by providing the graduate with active and continuous job development services.
- Basic Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Board of Nursing Approved Nursing Schools
University of Wyoming School of Nursing
Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Programs: BSN, MSN
Accreditation: CCNE – Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education