Nursing Schools Near Me is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Gifts for nursing students are a blast and they will really appreciate them. However, nursing students have slightly different needs than experienced nurses.
Since they are new to nursing, they probably don't have a lot of the basics. As students, they are busy filling their brains with tons of new information while trying to stay organized and get the tools that will make their future careers go smoothly.
Whether you're trying to find gifts for student nurses to help them prepare or want to support them for working hard, thinking of something they'll find useful can be challenging.
You could also be looking for a thoughtful gift for the Christmas holidays or their birthday. Either way, we've got you covered. Here are some of the best gift ideas for nursing students.
Gifts for Nursing Students
For a quick gift, here are my three favorites. These are a slam dunk for just about any student and will get used all the time.
Nurses want gifts they can use right away. And because every penny counts at this early stage of their career, getting those “nice to have” items and other gifts that just make life easier, are greatly appreciated.
I've highlighted thoughtful gifts for student nurses that you can choose from depending on their circumstances and what they like. For even more gifts, here's my list of 20 thoughtful gifts for nurses.
#1 3M Littmann Classic III
- Monitor and assess a wide range of patients
- Detect normal and abnormal sounds and rhythms
- Useful in non-critical care environments such as a medical office, general ward, OB/GYN, ambulatory clinic or urgent care
The Littmann Classic III is an excellent stethoscope to gift a student. There's a good chance they may be using a cheaper, less reliable stethoscope.
The stethoscope boasts outstanding acoustics and a sturdy design. The Classic III is available in many different colors, so you can get one in the color they like and make a personalized name tag to go along with it.
A reliable stethoscope is a gift a new nurse will appreciate. For a deeper dive, I've reviewed the 20 best stethoscopes for nurses.
#2 Tribe RN Nursing Clipboard with Storage and Clinical Cheat Sheet
- Nursing Clipboard - With 1” of internal storage our nurse clipboard will keep your reports HIPAA compliant and your pockets light.
- Confidence Inspiring Cheat Sheet - The backside of our nurses' clipboard features a color-coded clinical cheat sheet that gives you quick access to the information you need.
- But Wait, There’s More 😉 - You'll receive a FREE membership to our Online Resource Library! Access downloadable PDFs, perfect to keep on your phone or print out for your next shift or clinical...
The right clipboard makes clinical exams so much easier. The Tribe RN clipboard is designed by nurses to give quick access to lab values, conversions, and cheat sheets – just like our free EKG Interpretation Cheat Sheet.
The convenient design will help nursing students access their notes and supplies during a clinical or a long shift with ease.
The clipboard comes with one inch of internal storage, ensuring that the reports they make are HIPAA compliant. The color-coded cheat sheet can make life easier for new nurses.
#3 Hicarer 2 Pieces Clip-On Quartz Watch
- Multi function: this clip on quartz watch can be attached on a belt loop, uniform or backpack, so you can get it anywhere and anytime conveniently, you can also add some small pendants on it to...
- Quality material: the backpack fob belt watch is made of zinc alloy and glass, and can serve for a long time when you hiking, camping, biking, climbing, sports or doing some outdoor works
- Convenient design: the dial and hands of unisex pocket watch can glow in the dark, let you see the numbers clearly in the dark, the watch is equipped with precise and lightweight so it's easy for you...
Nurses aren't allowed to wear watches because of the BBE policy. But this doesn't mean that they cannot carry a watch. The Hicarer watch clips onto belt loops, uniforms, and backpacks, making for convenient carrying.
The watches in the two-piece set are made from durable zinc alloy and glass, ensuring that they don't break outdoors. The dial and hands glow in the dark, making it the right watch to carry everywhere.
#4 Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag
- Multiple storage and document compartments
- Stain Resistant, Non-Skid Padded Bottom
- Large hinged mouth for easy access to roomy interior
There's a lot for nurses to carry from home to work every day. The right bag can make carrying everything they need easier. The Nurse Mates bag looks fashionable, but what makes it impressive is that it's durable and has multiple pockets for easy organization.
It is lightweight, roomy, and well laid-out, making it one of the best gift ideas for nurses on this list.
#5 Tribe RN Nursing Cheat Sheets
- 💪 HEAVY DUTY NURSING CHEAT SHEETS: Our cheat sheets are custom made from a premium high gloss PVC material. This material is strong, water-resistant and allows you to mark them up with dry erase...
- ⚕️ MEDICAL REFERENCES: All of our cheat sheets feature color-coded references that give you quick access to the information you need. References, conversions, and values are all there to make the...
- 🎁 PERFECT GIFT: Our Nursing Cheat Sheet Set makes the perfect gift for that nursing student in your life!
Nursing is a complex and stressful job. Cheat sheets can make it a tad bit easier. These sheets are made from PVC material, making them water-resistant and sturdy. Nursing students can mark them up with dry-erase markers, and the perfect size allows nurses to tuck the cheat sheets away on their clipboard.
The color-coded references make the sheets easier to read, and the lifetime guarantee ensures that the nursing student in your life can get replacements in case these tear. You can also print off a copy of our EKG Interpretation Cheat Sheet or save them as photos to your phone.
#6 L'Occitane Butter Hand Cream
- Enriched with 20% shea butter blended with honey, almond extracts and coconut oil
- Penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturize hands
- Has rich texture which is rapidly absorbed to leave the hands soft and smooth with no oily traces
The constant hand washing and sanitization can leave a nurse's hands dry and itchy. The L'Occitane cream comes with 20% shea butter, honey, coconut oil, and almond extracts to help keep the hands moisturized.
#7 Revs Acupressure & Reflexology Massage Insole
- REDUCE PAIN & INCREASE COMFORT - Neutral Arch Shoe Insole / Insert. Comfortable Massaging Footbed, full length, easily trimmed to suit any shoes, from bride's shoes to wellies! Great for ski boots as...
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE - Can be used for athletes and the infirm. Support the natural shape of your foot, eliminating painful pressure points. The massaging effect of the nodules absorbs the impact of...
- PAIN RELIEF FROM FOOT CONDITIONS - Can assist with the effective treatment and relief of Heel Pain, Heel Spurs, Plantar Fasciitis, Ball of Foot Pain, Achilles Tendonitis, Morton's Neuroma, Peripheral...
Standing on the feet all day has a significant impact on a nurse's feet. These acupuncture insoles help improve the circulation in the feet and reduce pain in the pressure points. Not only can the insoles be cut to fit any shoe, but they're also easy to wash.
The premium lightweight rubber doesn't break easily, and you can expect these to last the nurse months before wearing out. The best part? These are made from vegan material, making them an eco-conscious choice.
#8 YETI Tumbler
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- Dracut is a durable coat of color that won't fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler's exterior
If the nurse in your life prefers tea or coffee over infused water, this is the right travel mug to gift them. It holds 20 ounces of any beverage and keeps it warm or cold for hours.
The lid has magnets to help keep the coffee from spilling. The tumbler can also be used to carry beer. But what's most impressive is the tumbler's durability. The 18/8 stainless steel double-wall body keeps the tumbler from breaking even after a beating.
#9 BadgeGuru 2.0 Nursing School Essentials Set
- Designed For Nurses, By Nurses - No tiny print and no wasted space, this set is packed with the vital information nurses need.
- BadgeGuru 2.0 - 88 Nursing cheat sheets on 44 badge cards. This is our most comprehensive set and INCLUDES ALL other badge card sets.
- So Whats New? - We've expanded every section of our award-winning BadgeGuru set to make this the single most comprehensive badge reference card set on the market.
Reference cards can help nursing students brush up on concepts. This is the right set of cards to get because it spans topics from general med and labs to respiratory and pediatric. The bonus cheat sheets make life that much easier for nursing students.
The set is updated continuously by nurses across the nation. The set comes with 88 designs on 44 cards, making it easy to keep on track at school. The company gives the student access to an online resource library for free. These include cheat sheets for several topics spanning all of nursing education.
Conclusion: What Will You Gift the Student Nurse In Your Life?
Finding the perfect gift for nurses can be complicated but I include several easy wins in this list. However, if you're still looking for more, check out my list of 20 Thoughtful Gifts for Nurses.
Categorised in: Reviews