Nursing Schools Near Me is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Being a nurse is challenging. There are obstacles to overcome before you even start your shift.
As a nurse, I need medical supplies such as blood pressure cuffs, a stethoscope, charting equipment, and a change of socks and scrubs. They also carry books and a laptop or tablet. And carrying all of those supplies is a pain in the ass without the right bag.
For me, the right nursing bag is large, has a lot of compartments for organization, and most importantly, is easy to carry even with a heavy load. Durability, weight, and aesthetics are also important factors.
Finding a bag that you can depend on when you’re clocking in for 12-hour shifts isn’t straightforward. While there’s no shortage of bags, sifting through the options and finding quality nursing bags and tote bags for a reasonable price takes a lot of time and effort.
I’ve saved you the hassle. Here are the 11 best nursing bags reviewed and a comprehensive buying guide to help you find the absolute best nursing bag for your daily needs.
Best Nursing Tote Bags
#1 Pursetti Zip-Top Organizing Utility Tote Bag
- Carry Your Daily Essentials in One Tote Bag-Whether you are a teacher, nurse, working woman or a soccer mom, this will be your go-to utility tote bag to stay organized. Everything is at your...
- Made to Last-Crafted from premium polyester with fully lined interior, the tote bag with zipper allows easy loading & unloading while prevent things from falling out. The removable baseboard ensures...
- Keep Everything Neat: 6 exterior pockets in front and back for your ID badge & keys for easy access; plus 2 side mesh pockets for water bottles; 5 interior pockets for your phone & wallet. The main...
The Pursetti bag features a stylish design, which along with the eight exterior and five interior pockets, makes it an excellent choice for a nursing bag.
The main compartment is large enough to fit an iPad or small laptop along with a stethoscope and other medical supplies. With the dimensions 14.5” L x 6.5” W x 10.75” H, it’s neither too small nor too big and feels just right in the hand as a tote bag.
The polyester construction makes it highly durable and easy to clean. When the bag is full, it will stand on its own. However, when the bag is not filled enough, it will collapse to save space. The zip-top ensures nothing falls out when you’re on the move.
The exterior pockets are great for holding your ID badge, keys, pens, chapstick, and lotion. There are two mesh pockets for water bottles, and the five interior pockets provide space for a phone, wallet, and other valuables.
The purse comes in medium and large sizes and is available in 19 designs.
#2 Ytonet Laptop Backpack
- TRAVEL LAPTOP BACKPACK FOR WOMEN MEN - Carry on backpack for women, durable and water-resistant polyester material with sturdy zippers. Roomy storage meets all you need! Perfect as a travel backpack,...
- SAY GOODBYE TO CHAOS - This womens travel backpack is designed with tons of pockets. 1 padded protective laptop pocket for 15.6" hp laptop or smaller apple macbook, 2 x front pockets, 2 x exterior...
- CLASSIC USB DESIGN - With a USB charging port extended on the side of the laptop bookbag and built-in a charging cable inside of the cute college backpack for women, it offers easy access to charge...
The Ytonet laptop bag is an excellent option if you prefer a more modern bag. It is available in six colors and features a padded back panel and shoulder strap to keep you comfortable when you move around.
It can fit a 15.6-inch laptop, and the twelve pockets allow you to put away everything else you need for work. The bag has a USB charging port, allowing you to charge your phone conveniently. It also comes with a zipper pocket on the back that is RFID-protected, making it perfect to put away your wallet.
Qualities like the safe zippered back pocket and the wide top-open design make it perfect for daily use. You will also be able to take it with you if you’re a traveling nurse since it comes with a convenient trolley strap.
Overall, the functional and safe bag is an excellent option for any nurse or nursing student.
#3 SCOUT Uptown Girl Tote Bag
- Slim Style For Easy Transport: For the busy woman on the go who needs to transport important items without unnecessary bulk; The slim style can be held close to the body with added pockets and...
- Plenty Of Space To Hold It All: The roomy interior measures 16 inches wide, 12 inches high, 5.5 inches deep, with an 8.5-inch shoulder strap; Makes a great mom bag, teacher bag, nurse bag, or just a...
- Lightweight Yet Strong: The all-weather woven fabric is made of interwoven polypropylene creating a durable and water-resistant material (like a tarp); the easy to clean fabric holds its shape when...
If you’re looking for a slim-profile bag that can handle some weight, you cannot go wrong with the SCOUT Uptown Girl tote bag. It comes with four exterior pockets, two of which are flat, and the other two are pleated. There’s also an interior zipper pocket to keep valuables safe.
Boasting large dimensions at 16 inches wide, 12 inches high, and 5.5 inches deep, nurses can put away everything from their files and laptop to medical supplies, lunch, and water bottles in it.
The best part about it is that it comes with a burst-proof bottom, allowing it to hold weight and keep its shape regardless of how many medical supplies you’re carrying.
You can use the bag with the zip closed or as an open-top bag. When the bag isn’t zipped, the flaps fold down inside the bag, making for easier access.
Available in 14 designs, it’s one of the best bags for nurses in the market.
#4 LOVEVOOK Laptop Backpack for Women
- Fits up to 15.6” laptop, dimensions: 16”L 12”H 5.5”D, weight: 1.73 lb
- Gold hardware, flexible water bottle pocket, stripe liner, with a USB charging port and trolley sleeve
- Roomy and sturdy, organized compartments, It's sturdy enough to stand and not flop over when packed, and you will enjoy the way it opens and stays open! you can find everything you need in it without...
While the LOVEVOOK backpack is one of the most attractive bags for nurses, it offers a rich set of features that make it just as pragmatic.
It comes with a flexible water bottle pocket and a USB charging port (with a built-in charging cable), making it ideal for daily use. The trolley sleeve makes traveling with it more convenient.
However, what’s more impressive is its roomy 16” L x 12” H x 5.5” D design. The many compartments allow you to organize your supplies, so you never have to dig when you need something. There is a small anti-theft zip pocket to store your charging phone safely.
The bag is sturdy and doesn’t flop over when full. The napkin pouch is a nice touch and always comes in handy when you need to wipe your hands or face. The nurse bag comes in a variety of styles — it is available in 15 designs and three sizes.
The company offers a 90-day return policy, so you can return it if you don’t like it.
#5 Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag
- Multiple storage and document compartments
- Stain Resistant, Non-Skid Padded Bottom
- Large hinged mouth for easy access to roomy interior
If you’ve bought a bag for your medical supplies before and were disappointed with the lack of proper compartments for everything, the Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag is the perfect nursing bag for you.
This nurse bag has four zipper compartments and two side compartments, great for holding drinks. While the main compartment is narrow, it is deep and has a compartment inside it that’s perfect for putting away an iPad.
There are also dedicated storage spaces for files and medical supplies such as a stethoscope, dressings, and phlebotomy equipment.
The zippers are sturdy and stitched well, and the durable fabric can be wiped clean with ease. The comfortable shoulder strap makes everything that much easier to carry.
#6 Brooke & Jess Designs Large Nursing Zippered Tote Bag
- Nurse Bags For Work - Cute Night Shift Nurse Bag: Show your favorite nurse, medical staff, cna, rn some love with this cute, fun, unique personalized organizer nursing tote bag designed especially for...
- Large Nurse Tote Bag With Two Zippered Pockets - Fits Lots Of Medical Supplies And Work Essentials: Dimensions of this bag are 14.5'' X 15'' X 5'' - Has enough room for all of your essential nursing...
- Ultimate Nursing Bag - Sturdy Canvas Material, Fully Lined Inside - Perfect For Travel, Nurse Bags For Work And Much More: This big high quality medical assistant bags and organizing tote bag for...
The Brooke & Jess Designs tote bag is both cute and functional. The “Coffee, Scrubs and Rubber Gloves” lets everyone know that the bag belongs to a nurse.
The bag has the dimensions of 14.5” X 15” X 5”, giving you enough room to put away a small laptop. The zippered main compartment can comfortably hold the laptop and some files, and you can put a tablet away in the zippered front sleeve pocket.
This nursing bag is lined with black nylon, allowing it to carry more weight comfortably. The 24” handles are made from a soft-touch material, meaning they won’t rub against your skin and irritate it. The comfy handles make it easier to carry to and back from work.
The best part? Cleaning the bag is as simple as wiping it down with a damp cloth after work. It comes in ten different colors and patterns, so you can be sure that there is a design that’s just right for you.
#7 SHYLERO Nurse Bag and Utility Tote
- 14 OUTSIDE POCKETS - with so many pockets all purpose bag is great for organizing items. Use it as teacher bag, work tote, book bag, medical bag, utility bag or totes for women of any kind
- 7 INSIDE POCKETS - six mesh pockets, one huge zippered pocket. Utility tote bag serves as work bag, shoulder bag, teacher tote bag, nurse tote bag, organizing tote, nursing bag, or tote bag
- WATERPROOF, LARGE & ROOMY - works as a beach bag due to its waterproof outer fabric and interior lining. Size is also great - L18"xW7"xH14". Large utility tote extendable to L22' at the upper part
If you’re of the opinion that there can never be enough pockets, you will love the SHYLERO nurse bag. It comes with 14 pockets on the exterior, allowing you to organize all kinds of supplies easily.
The large zippered pocket is large enough to carry a 16” laptop. Besides the laptop compartment, there are several mesh pockets on the bag’s interior. Few other nurse totes offer this much flexibility when it comes to organizing the storage.
The polyester lining makes the bag waterproof, and the 14” shoulder drop allows greater ease of carrying. The nurse bag is available in 16 designs, and finding one you like shouldn’t be difficult.
#8 Himawari Travel School Backpack
- TRAVEL BACKPACK MATERIALS- Stylish backpack made of eco-friendly waterproof canvas, soft and fashionable, classic and minimalist design really stands out from the crowd!Large Capacity Backpack：16"x...
- FUNCTIONAL BACKPACK - Inner: main pocket can fit up to 15.6’’. 2 small open pockets. Outer: one front side pocket and 2 side pockets
- CONVENIENT USB PORT DESIGN- Built-in detachable USB cable design, great convenience for charging your electronic devices via connecting your own power bank. (POWER BANK IS NOT INCLUDED)
Stylish and functional nurse bags can be hard to find. However, the Himawari backpack strikes the right balance between style and functionality. The bag has a large storage capacity, having the dimensions 16” x 11” x 8”.
You can fit a 15.6” laptop in it and put away other supplies in the two open pockets on the inside. The two small side pockets and one front side pocket provides more storage space.
The bag comes with a detachable USB port built-in, allowing you to charge your devices by connecting a power bank to the bag.
While the design may seem like its most impressive feature, it is waterproof, and the nylon fabric makes it durable. Furthermore, the padded shoulder straps will ensure you’re comfortable when you move around.
The many features and availability in 19 designs make it an excellent option for nursing students and healthcare workers.
#9 Peace, Love, Nursing Tote Bag and Tumbler
- Meet your new best friend! We know how hard you work and this stylish high-quality cooler bag combo will keep your meals and snacks fresh and ready for you! Includes the matching tumbler for a gift...
- Keep your stress level down and your drinks hot or cold for hours! Enjoy your lunch break with this 18-ounce stainless-steel tumbler is powder-coated with a textured finish giving you a secure grip....
- This lunch cooler tote bag and stainless-steel tumbler combo is a unisex gift that male and female nurses will enjoy and use every day. Order now to give yourself or the Nurse, CNA or Nursing School...
If you like to eat home-cooked food at work, this is the perfect nurse bag for you. It’s made from PVC-backed polyester, and the main compartment is thick, insulated, and waterproof.
The pockets on the front and sides of the bag allow you to put away your phone, some pens, and water. The bag can hold up to 16 cans in total, so it has enough space for a moderate-size lunch, a laptop, a stethoscope, shoes, and some other medical supplies.
The 20” shoulder strap is comfortable and makes carrying around food and work essentials easy.
The bag comes with an 18-ounce tumbler featuring a powder coating and textured finish for a better grip. It will keep your drink hot (or cold) for hours. The tumbler will fit in a standard-size cup holder, and it is BPA-free.
The company offers a one-year warranty and will provide you with a refund or replacement if you aren’t satisfied with the product. The combo is available in purple and mint colors, so you can get whatever you like the most.
#10 MATEIN Lunch Backpack for Women
- 🍩【INSULATED LUNCH BOX COMPARTMENT】The inner insulation of the lunch backpack is thickened with foam and works together with the Aluminum layer to keep the food warm but also keep cold drinks...
- 🍩【DEFORMATION DESIGN】When you store food or fruit in cooler compartment, main compartment area will be reduced to provide more space for food container compartment. When you don't need to carry...
- 🍩【LARGE CAPACITY】With 23L maximum capacity, the womens lunch backpack features 1 big main compartment with laptop sleeve compartment for 15.6 15 14 13.3inch laptops, 2 front pockets for your...
The MATEIN backpack is another excellent choice if you like to carry home-cooked food to school or work.
It has a lunch box compartment that’s insulated with Aluminum and thick foam, keeping the food and drink in it warm for up to five hours. The compartment can hold up to 10 cans, so it will fit any moderate-size lunch without a problem.
It has a laptop compartment and two additional pockets in the front for other supplies. You can put away an umbrella in some tissues in the side pockets.
If you’re carrying less food, the food compartment can be folded to expand the main compartment, enabling you to carry more items. The bag also has an external charging port, allowing you to plug in a power bank and charge your phone and other devices on the go.
The luggage strap makes it easy to carry around when you’re traveling, and the anti-theft pocket is perfect for carrying your valuables.
#11 Heyrtz Laptop Tote Purse
- SLEEK AND ROOMY LAPTOP TOTE: This laptop tote purse is large and roomy. There are two main compartments inside. One is for a laptop up to 15.6 inch while the other is the main compartment. The main...
- STAY ORGANIZED WITH PLENTY of POCKETS: It's a powerful functional laptop tote bag with many compartments to organize your stuff. There are two zipper pockets, one water bottle/umbrella holder, two...
- USB CHARGING PORT DESIGN: USB interface is built in this tote bag. Once a power bank (not included ) is connected and placed inside of the bag, you can charge your phone or other electronic devices...
The Heyrtz bag is spacious and has many compartments to make carrying many items easy. The laptop compartment can hold a 15.6-inch laptop, and the main compartment is large enough to hold lunch, a water bottle, an umbrella, a day planner, keys, cables, and more.
Storage is further provided in the eight side pockets and umbrella holder. The built-in USB interface makes it easy to charge your phone without opening the bag.
The included cosmetic bag makes it organizing toiletries and makeup easy. But it’s touches like the padded laptop compartment, the key holder, the luggage case belt, the metal feet, and the waterproof fabric that makes it one of the most excellent medical bags to own.
Nursing Bags Buying Guide
Nursing bags are mainly of two types: backpacks and totes. Which one you choose to buy and use is a personal preference. That said, all good nursing bags have some common characteristics. Learning about these qualities will help you find the right nursing bag.
Space and Pockets
The best nursing bags provide a lot of space for storage. However, getting a large bag isn’t a good idea since you don’t have time to dig through your bag when you’re on the move.
Look for a large bag with several pockets and compartments of different sizes. These pockets and compartments will help you organize your supplies.
Nursing is a fast-paced job, and it can get messy. Nurses need medical bags that prepare them for every situation. Therefore, getting a durable tote that can hold weight and is easy to clean is the top priority.
Some bags are made from material that isn’t absorbent and can help be wiped clean. Other totes can be washed in the washing machine. Before buying any bag, make sure you know how dirty it can get and learn how to clean it.
Nylon and polyester are two of the most popular fabrics used in nursing bags. They are easy to clean, with a good wipe down being all that’s needed.
Getting a tote with a built-in USB port will allow you to plug in a power bank and charge your phone without putting it in the bag. This can be very convenient, especially if you often find yourself with an almost-dead battery after your shifts.
Some bags are waterproof, and some have additional features such as key holders and cosmetic bags that may help make your day a little easier. Look out for these additional features — you never know what may help you save time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bags for Nurses
What is the best nursing bag for clinicals?
You need to carry many things for a nursing clinical, including your stethoscope, notebook, clipboard, bandage, scissors, and other supplies and personal items. Most medical bags for nurses will work as long as it has a lot of space and some compartments for organization.
What material is the best for a nursing bag?
The best nursing bags are made from nylon and polyester; however, some canvas and leather options are just as durable and waterproof.
What are the best bags for nursing students?
Nursing students need a backpack with a dedicated space for their laptops, books, food, water, and other supplies. The MATEIN bag is a standout option for nursing students. If you need more space to carry your things, getting a tote bag is the right way to go.
Conclusion: Which is the Best Backpack/Tote Bag for Nurses?
We’ve reviewed some of the best bags for nurses available in the market in this post. The buying guide and FAQ section should give you a good idea about what features you should look for. Take note of your needs and scroll through the options another time. You will find the right nursing bag in a matter of minutes.
Categorised in: Reviews